It's here! It's underway! Things are moving! Move II: October 16-18 Full Disclosure (already down) Breadboard (already down) kbT compute cluster (already down) I2U2 resources (already down) LCRC DDN storage system (already down) MCS Core Computing...
It’s here! It’s underway! Things are moving!Move II: October 16-18
- Full Disclosure (already down)
- Breadboard (already down)
- kbT compute cluster (already down)
- I2U2 resources (already down)
- LCRC DDN storage system (already down)
- MCS Core Computing infrastructure (going down at around 4-4:30 PM today)
First thing Saturday morning, the movers will move the reamining equipment into the Core, at which point we’ll start hooking things back up and have things operational as soon as possible. You should generally not expect the resource to be available until the Monday following the move (though we’ll obviously strive for getting things up as quickly as possible).MCS Computing resources:
- October 16
- 4:00-4:30 PM: general core computing resources go down. At this point, all login nodes, compute machines, file servers, etc., will be offline as we pull cables and prepare the machines for the move.
- Note: This will affect mail service. Reading and sending mail will unaffected, receiving of new mail will be delayed, but we’re working to keep it as short a downtime as possible.
- October 17
- Very early in the morning, movers start moving gear to the Core.
- If all goes well with no snags, we should be operational before 5:00 PM, however the outage window is still until Monday in case things go other than smoothly.
There you have it! We’re shooting to keep downtimes to a minimum and make this weekend go as smoothly for you (and *us*) as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.See you at the TCS reception at 3!