This weekend is a CIS IT Maintenance weekend. Please see the details below. The network outage window is 4 hours, though actual interruptions will be brief and sporadic as routers and switches are rebooted. The systems are redundant, so interruptions should be brief, but an outage window is announced in case unforeseen problems occur.
Please note building networking (ie, desktops and wireless) will have brief rolling outages throughout Saturday.
Also please note the MySQL databases, blogs, and wikis listed for Friday are ANL/CIS-provided and does not apply to those supplied by MCS Systems.
Systems & services affected
- Fri. Evening:
- MySQL databases, webapps, wikis, Sharepoint, wireless networks (brief rolling outages), building networks: 201 & 222, select Windows virtual servers (see RFCs for detailed list), blogs, wikis
- Important: ALL land-line telephones, analog & VOIP, will be down Fri. evening 18:00-19:00. Users should dial 630-252-1911 in case of emergency.
- All laboratory network connectivity, sporadic interruptions from 08:00 – 12:00. This will effect both onsite connectivity and remote access.
- Building networks: 214 & 240, wireless networks (brief rolling outages)
- No planned activities – systems nominal
Things that will not be affected 
- Email and calendar services
- Divisional IT services
 While not directly affected, most all services will suffer short periods of unavailability Sat. morning as a result of the network maintenance.