Hey, folks. Just a reminder this work is happening this weekend. I’m including a brief summary below, but you should see the following blog posts for further details. I’ve been updating them as appropriate.
From 8AM until 8PM on Saturday, September 28th, we will be performing necessary maintenance on a number of servers to improve reliability and stability. The following servers and services will experience an outage in this window, some of them will be down for the entire window. We hope to not need the full 12 hours for this, but better safe than sorry.
- silver.mcs.anl.gov (Mac server, administrative file shares)
- variant.mcs.anl.gov (Subversion/Trac for MCS, ALCF, KBase, MPICH)
- caveat.mcs.anl.gov (trac.mpich.org)
- coredb-2.mcs.anl.gov (backup mysql server)
- blizzard.mcs.anl.gov (collab.mcs.anl.gov aka Confluence)
- licman3.mcs.anl.gov (License server)
- dust.mcs.anl.gov (ALCF Drupal staging server)
- squall.mcs.anl.gov (ALCF Drupal production server — http://www.alcf.anl.gov)
- owney.mcs.anl.gov (All mailman lists provided by MCS Systems)
- rt.mcs.anl.gov (ticketing system) *5 minute window for reboot only
The full list of affected mailing list domains can be found on the blog posts linked above. We will be tweeting progress on the work as it happens at http://twitter.com/mcssys for those that want to keep a close eye on things.
Thanks for your understanding and patience.