Please see the following notice from CIS regarding other maintenance activity this weekend. CELS Systems has not scheduled any outages during this window, so the only outages you should notice are outlined below, and are generally restricted to Argonne central systems, including Wifi and Voicemail. Servers and services not listed below (including all provided by CELS Systems) should remain up.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Argonne’s quarterly IT maintenance weekend is scheduled for Friday, November 7th, thru Sunday, November 9th. Expect that any laboratory network and core IT services may be effected during the weekend.
• All laboratory phones will be intermittently unavailable from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, November 7th. In the event of an emergency dial 1-630-252-1911 from any cell phone.
• Voice mail will be unavailable from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday, November 7th. During this time, voice mail messages will not be received nor will they be retrievable.
• Inside Argonne Document Center and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) will be unavailable from 10 to 11 p.m., Friday, November 7th.
• All business applications will be unavailable from 5 to 6 a.m., Saturday November 7th.
• All networking services (Except Data Center) in Building 240 will be unavailable from 6 to 8 a.m., Saturday November 8th.
• SharePoint will be unavailable from 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday November 8th.
• Wireless networking will be unavailable from 7 to 1:30 p.m., Sunday November 9th. (See Inside Argonne Communication for more information)
• CIS will perform verification of IT services on Sunday November 8th to ensure all services are functioning for business hours on Monday, November 10th.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
November 7th, 2014, 5:00 p.m. thru November 9th, 2014, ~12:00 p.m. We expect the maintenance to be complete Sunday morning and will then be followed by a verification process after which an “all clear” message will be sent.
WHAT IS THE EFFECT ON YOU?
Unless there is an unforeseen issue with the maintenance activities, you should not be affected outside of the maintenance window.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Report issues with services after the maintenance is complete to the CIS Service Desk at ext. 2-9999 option 2.