Please see the below notice from BIS regarding next week’s maintenance weekend. Please note this work is being performed by BIS and not CELS Systems, though we’re happy to pass on any concerns you may have. The affected systems below and the timeframes are worth noting. The most likely to have an impact are the outages for Dash and Sharepoint (for those of you who use it).
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Argonne’s upcoming quarterly IT maintenance weekend is scheduled.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
May 18th, 2018, 5:00 p.m. thru May 20th 2018, 5:00 p.m.
WHY ARE WE DOING IT?
BIS recognizes that the reliability and performance of Laboratory Information Technology resources is essential to our ability to carry out our scientific mission. Like the rest of our laboratory infrastructure, these systems require periodic maintenance, replacement and upgrades.
WHAT IS THE EFFECT ON YOU?
Connections to core IT services may be sporadic or unavailable until the work is complete. The following are known impacts to services:
Services Impacted: (> 4 hour maintenance length)
- SharePoint –sharepoint.anl.gov– intermittent connectivity (May 18th, 5:00 p.m.-11:59 p.m.)
- SQL applications will be intermittent (May 18th, 5 p.m.-11:59 p.m.)
- Canary.ops.anl.gov server will be unavailable (May 19th, 12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.). Application list: KB0012250
- Oracle services and related business applications will be unavailable (May 20th, 2:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m.)
Services Impacted: (2 to 4 hour maintenance length)
- BIS mission support shared folders and home drives will be unavailable (May 19th, 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.)
- SharePoint –sharepoint.anl.gov– intermittent connectivity (May 19th , 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.)
- SQL applications will be intermittent (May 19th, 8 a.m.-11:00 a.m.)
- Dash/Citrix will be unavailable (May 19th, 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.)
Services Impacted: (.5 to 2 hour maintenance length)
- Intermittent service interruptions to MySQL applications (May 18th, 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
For unavoidable conflicts between lab-impacting project commitments and the BIS Maintenance Weekend, please contact us with any further questions or concerns as soon as possible.
Reporting issues (after the maintenance weekend):
- Use the “Get Help” button thru the Argonne Service Desk interface http://vector.anl.gov
- Call the Argonne BIS Service Desk at 630-252-9999 ( or internally Ext. 2-9999), option 2.